Sony boss: PS4 will appeal to women too

For all topics related to video games, in any context (business or not).

Sony boss: PS4 will appeal to women too

PostPosted by Tom Phoenix » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:10 pm

SONY games chief Andrew House yesterday vowed to wow the girls with the new PlayStation 4.

Brit Mr House says the games console will feature a raft of new features to broaden its appeal beyond young male gamers. The PS4, believed to be coming out in October, is the Japanese giant’s first major console release in seven years and is seen as key to the future of the company. Mr House told Sun City: “We are not going down the route of making the console pink of course. I think the key is to have people — and increasingly women — with different sensibilities creating different games. It is not all about shoot ’em up games.”

Mr House, president and chief executive of Sony Computer Entertainment, also wants the PS4 to appeal more to families in general. He reckons innovations on the console such as a new touchpad on the controller will help Sony tap into the market for worldwide hits such as Angry Birds. This became a huge winner on smartphones and tablets largely because of its appeal to women. He added: “The key is getting games developers — who are going to make the next Angry Birds — excited about the PS4. And they are.”

Mr House’s comments follow criticism that Sony was vague on many details of the new console when it was announced to the world in New York five weeks ago. There was not even any hint to what it would look like or cost — although experts believe it could retail for about £300. One area the new platform is believed to be hot on is online. As well as catering better for multi-player gamers, the PS4 will contain features such as the one predicting which game you want to buy or rent next. And PS4 games can be beamed to the display on Sony’s new handheld Vita device — and will be made compatible with future Sony smartphones and tablets.

Sony says there is plenty to keep traditional male gamers happy — and investors too — with the share price rising on news of the new console.

Source; The Sun
Tom Phoenix
Site Admin

Re: Sony boss: PS4 will appeal to women too

PostPosted by Dangerman » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:36 pm

The Sun (them and along with the Tabloid press here in the UK make the Gaming Journalism the bastions of Journalist ethics)? I'm surprised they did not mention how the Welfare Scroungers will be grabbing PS4s to fit under there 50 inch Plasma televisions.
Dangerman

PostPosted by locker » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:27 am

Dangerman wrote:The Sun (them and along with the Tabloid press here in the UK make the Gaming Journalism the bastions of Journalist ethics)? I'm surprised they did not mention how the Welfare Scroungers will be grabbing PS4s to fit under there 50 inch Plasma televisions.

I can see it now. Sony: Welfare Machine...right under New Bible Verse That We Totally Didn't Pull Out Of Our Ass Predicts The End For Reals
locker

PostPosted by Mia Ausa » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:46 am

Be quite an achievement seeing you appeal to women players with
Spoiler: show
nogaems

also no pink system? You expect us lazy gamers to paint our systems ourselves? You clods! I hope you enjoy eating out of the olive garden's dumpsters! :evil:
I really hate the 'modern age' obsession with matte black. How much more uninteresting can your colour choices possibly get? I remember in the 90s everyone had a whole rainbow of colours to choose from eventually, especially on the handhelds. Now it's all Black and White, excuse me, 'sleekly silver' to appeal to the hardcore and only the hardcore. It's positively disgusting and highly unfashionable.
We must save the forests, not only so that our ovens do not become cold in Winter, but also so that the pulse of life of the people continue to beat warm and joyfully. ~Wilhelm Riehl
Mia Ausa

PostPosted by Dangerman » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:18 pm

locker wrote:
Dangerman wrote:The Sun (them and along with the Tabloid press here in the UK make the Gaming Journalism the bastions of Journalist ethics)? I'm surprised they did not mention how the Welfare Scroungers will be grabbing PS4s to fit under there 50 inch Plasma televisions.

I can see it now. Sony: Welfare Machine...right under New Bible Verse That We Totally Didn't Pull Out Of Our Ass Predicts The End For Reals

Knowing them or the Daily Hate these days they'd go something the headline of:

"MICK PHILPOTT PLANNED TO BUY A PS4, SONY ALLOWING SCROUNGERS TO WASTE TAXPAYERS MONEY WITH GAMES"

Though in the Sun's case I would not be surprised if they actually did pull that off considering trash lies they presented which says alot :?...
Dangerman

Return to Gaming